Arrived at London Victoria station to see my train had been cancelled.
But I was earlier than usual so I could jump on a slightly earlier train and still make my connection near home.
The train was packed solid with commuters having the same idea as me.
And yet I found a seat!
But due to the train not taking the exact same route as my usual service, I forgot to get off at Three Bridges station which resulted in me having to go all the way to Haywards Heath.
Yet thankfully there was a train back to Three Bridges in about 6 minutes.
I jumped on and the train took us 98% of the way before stopping at a red signal just outside Three Bridges for about 12 minutes.
When we finally pulled into the station I could see that a train going my way was on the other platform and was delayed. If I ran I could make it!
This run involved going down a slope, under the railway track and back up some stairs. I was wearing shoes that ‘clip clopped’ quite loudly to alert people that I was fast approaching. Most didn’t move aside; including a short fat butch dyke looking bitch who tutted me as I raced by. Eat a dick.
I missed the train by about 3 seconds.
Its freezing cold, dark and I now have a 20 minute wait ahead of me.
As annoying as that is, I can’t help but be amused at the identical behaviour being displayed by my fellow commuters.
1. Look up and see the yellow scrolling billboard.
3. Look around with a “for fuck’s sake, are you serious?” expression.
3. Try to get a “I know how you feel mate; I share your pain as I too am plagued by this turn of events” look from another commuter.
4. Fail to get any form of acknowledgement.
5. Get Your phone out and text the boss.
6. Take a photo of the scrolling billboard with the word ‘cancelled’ on it (as your boss probably had no issues getting into work this morning and has already been there 3 hours)
7. Walk along the platform shaking your head and huffing/tutting loudly to make sure others know just how inconvenienced you are.
8. Post it on your blog.